Monday, August 23, 2010

EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW WITH NIGERIAN MODEL BASED IN SOUTH AFRICA JIMI OWOBO OGUNLAJA




How were You discovered?
 I was discovered in Lagos in 2003 by a friend (Bose Efunuga) who was aware of my undying passion for modeling.

How long have You had the passion to become a model?
I  have had passion for modeling ever since I have been conscious of life. Its safe to put it dat way.(laughs)


Who are Your inspirations?

My mother is my first ever inspiration cos she gave up entertainment when she got married to my dad. I am making sure her natural creativity in the entertainment world never dies.

 Who are the designers You would love to work with? Locally and internationally?

 Professionally, I would very much love to work with designers with great and inspiring creativity locally and internationally.

Modelling as a career.Whats the support from Your family like?
My entire family has been very supportive morally and financially as my dad himself got me registered in my first ever modeling agency in Nigeria(THANX MODELING AGENCY) where I had first modeling contract in 2004(VIRGIN ATLANTIC BILLBOARD).

 Do You wish to pursue other ventures in the fashion business? What would it be?

I would someday love to be a show producer. Organizing fashion shows and managing entertaining events here by giving young and aspiring models more opportunities and a great platform to showcase their individual talents.

 What are the challenges You face as a model?
The general misconception about models being prostitutes or insignificant in the society, and also modeling being a very competitive profession.

What agencies do You belong with?
I am currently with G3 modeling agency south Africa(www.g3models.co.za).

 What are the major jobs You've done?
My Major jobs include, Samsung billboard, Cover model for Sandton magazine, t.v.c, Energade drink, bank phb Nigeria, and lots more including major fashion shows for top African designers in the past Africa fashion week 2010.

What are You working on right now?
Currently working on Calvin Klein underwear competition top ten finalist and Calvin Klein underwear campaign.

What are Your statistics?
statistics: height 6"1, waist:32, suit:40l, C:16 eye:darkbrwn, hair: shaven, chest 40

What is the biggest grooming mistake you ever made?
Not wearing an underwear.(laughs)

What is the best trick You've learnt from a make-up artist?
I was advised to always stay clean shaved.

When do you use a style team?
A style team will be needed on my wedding day.(laughs)

What makes you feel beautiful?
A smile on my face and food in my stomach.

Any advice for aspiring models?
 All aspiring models must keep their dreams alive and never succumb to any negative pressure, no mater the circumstance.



 
By Yemi Olowu

5 comments:

  1. JIMI U ROCKKKKKKKKKKKK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah i love this and God will continue to be your strength,i always blf in your potential since we were in O.O.U. and i know the sky is your starting point..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Interview,Great blog......Looking forward to reading the next post!!!!

    FashionEyeNaija ROCKS!!!!!!

    JIMI ROCKS!!!!! Surely youre next Tyson Beckford

    ReplyDelete
  4. DUDU OF AFRICA DOING US PROUD. TU ES UN JOYAU.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...