Thursday, August 26, 2010

EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW WITH EFE TOMMY OF EXCITE ON TV

Efemena Tommy Adabamu popularly known as Efe-Tommy is the charismatic, witty and very stylish TV presenter (for Excite on Tv) who in less than 1 year as a reporter has carved a niche for himself.


What is style to you?
Style to me is personal, it’s the way and how you want to be perceived. Personally, it’s a combination of simplicity and class.

Who is your favorite designer internationally and locally?
Internationally, my favorite designers are Louis Vuitton, Gucci and Tom Ford for the class and unbeatable finishing in the pieces, D&G for its urban touch and Takeshy Kurosawa for its abstractness. I totally love H&M and Zara for their cuts. And in Nigeria i love all things by MAI, CLEMAS, CLOTHSENSE [Muiyiwa Oshindero] and FOCUS WEAR by Dipo Abiola.These guys are amazing. They would give anybody the worth for their money.

Do you have a stylist?
No I don’t have anyone that styles me but I have a lot of friends who are stylists and they are doing great jobs. One of which is Dimeji Alara.

How long does it take you to get ready for an event?
It really doesn’t take me time to get dressed for an event because the event type allows me to have the kind of image I want to portray so I already have in mind what to wear before the event. So it takes about 20minutes to be set.

How do you rate the Nigerian fashion industry?
Wow!!! Nigeria fashion industry is way beyond proportion now. I mean am a TV person so I get to interview a lot of celebrities and right now at events, stars even wear more of Nigerian designers than international designers. Even international designers now patronize ours a lot. A few months back Kelis picked Jewel by Lisa as her go to brand. Even Deola Sagoe and co  all have international recognition, I mean if they weren’t good they wouldn’t have gotten noticed.

What is the favorite fashion item in your wardrobe?
Ah! They are more than one. I can’t do without belts… I LOVE BELTS & SHOES. I have this 2 and half inches heel shoes by YSL. I haven’t seen it anywhere else. And when I bought it, the shop owner complimented my sense of fashion. Provided my belt and shoes are on point, am good to go. Then I love my watches especially my 2010 HUBLOT and my G.shock. I Love it because I can wear it anytime, anywhere and its cool.

What fashion accessory can't you do without?
My wrist watches because it tells more of the man I am than even the car I come in.

What is it about your style that makes you stand out?
Hmmnnnn…. The fact that I am very bold, constructive and always fresh gives me that edge in any gathering.

What is your grooming secret?
I don’t think I have any secret, because I eat what I want to eat and at anytime… I have my bath every night before I sleep. Even if am very lazy to have a bath, I wash my face. Cant stand the dust that settles on your face daily.


What is your favorite perfume?
I have a couple of perfumes that are my favorites like Paco Rabanne 1million man, Red Delicious by DKNY, 212men by Carolina Hererra, Issey Miyake, and anything by Tom Ford. But I don’t hesitate to try on anything new with a strong masculine taciturn like am enjoying every bit of my IX by Roca Wear at the moment.

What is the biggest grooming mistake you ever made?
Seriously have been thinking of one but I can’t seem to remember any. Because once you think it’s a mistake, it turns out to be a new trend in fashion. Looking forward to one though.

What is the best trick you've learnt from a make-up artist?
I know this might sound a little bit clichéd but it’s the truth. That I should always smile no matter what because it’s the best finishing.

When do you opt for a glam squad?
Hmmmn…. I have never. Maybe my wedding day.

What beauty tip have you learnt from your mother?
Always wear a smile, be bold with colors and be confident in whatever you are clad in.

What makes you feel beautiful?
Good food in my stomach, chatting with the right people on BBM or having them around me and most especially gisting with my sister, Zee and Suzie babe [my Mom].

You would never be caught in?
Anything that doesn’t fit or makes me look out of place.







By Yemi Olowu











No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...